CONNECTORx CORNERx: 007 - 2023-02-08
CONNECTORx CORNERx Pharmacy Strategy & Career Development Newsletter: Situational Analysis, Developing Others, and Virtual Water Cooler
PHARMACY STRATEGY: Situational Analysis
As part of your strategic planning process, your situational analysis should be a living document that gets revisited.
Here are some tips to make this happen:
- Use a template where you can capture the sources of your systematic assessment
- Save it in a centralized shared department file
- Revisit the same prior assessment the following year to update your assessment and plan to add to your strategic plan
What techniques are you using for your situational analysis?
- READ MORE: Check out this blog post/podcast episode to explore more about conducting a situational analysis
- Situational Analysis Template: Get a complimentary situational analysis template Situational Analysis Template and if you want a comprehensive spreadsheet version, just buy the Pharmovation Book and access the bonuses in the implementation guide.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Developing Others
Developing others is critical to the engagement and success of our teams, but we often don't get training on developing others.
Here are 5 Myths of Professional Development Plans for Managers
- Employee is responsible - should be shared support and guidance from manager
- There's not enough time - making time for this critical activity reduces time in other areas, so it is worth the investment
- Employees just want a raise or promotion - that may be a part of their career goal, but employees desire Mastery (As Dan Pink shares in his book Drive)
- Employee will want to leave - in fact the opposite - investing in your team will support their engagement and desire to stay (and you should look for opportunites that align with their career plan)
- Focus on high achievers - Other employees should be supported and most importantly the under achievers who have potential but just need some more support to get there
One key way we can develop others is through supporting their creation and implementation of a continuous professional development (CPD)
- Stay tuned for the Professional Development Plan Bootcamp on April 22nd to create your own plan that includes job shadowing. Reply if you want to find out more.
FUN & JOY: Virtual Water Cooler
Are you still mostly in virtual meetings? I know I am. We are missing out on some of the typical engagement that occurs when you are in person.
One way the health systems I am working with are supporting engagement is through facilitating virtual water cooler time at the beginning of meetings.
Set aside 3-5 minutes in your team meetings to hear about the "goings on" of your colleagues. Find out about the son's drivers test, first day of kindergarten or that trip to Ireland.
What activities are you inserting into your virtual meetings to bring fun and joy?
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES:
I am here to support you in your journey to advance pharmacy and accelerate your joyful engaging career. Schedule time for us to connect.
Get this CONNECTORx CORNERx Newsletter delivered to you.
Want more impact and joy in your pharmacy career?
Get the 10 Ways to:
Advocate for Resources, Advance Pharmacy Practice, and Accelerate Your Career
We won't spam. Unsubscribe at any time.