CONNECTORx CORNERx: 018 - 2023-12-19
CONNECTORx CORNERx Pharmacy Strategy & Career Development Newsletter: ASHP Forecast 2024, Career Plan, Connector Life - Family/Friends
PHARMACY STRATEGY: ASHP Forecast 2024
A couple of weeks ago, I attended the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. A session highlight for me was the ASHP Forecast for 2024.
The ASHP Forecast is an important part of my strategic planning toolset.
These are the topics for this year:
- Urgent Public Health Priorities
- Responding to the Mental Health Crisis
- Achieving Care Equity
- New Disease Paradigms and Treatment Innovations
- Workforce: Focus on Culture for the Future
- Artificial Intelligence: Can Ethics and Regulators Catch Up
Check out the Forecast in the AJHP journal. An more recent feature of the forecast is to include how prepared we are for the respective situations in addition to how likely they are to occur.
Stay tuned for a blog post video in the new year when I share more details on the Forecast recommendations.
Do you use the ASHP Forecast in your strategic planning?
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Career Plan
”In regards to planning your career, you need to treat it (your career) just like a business.” - Auliq Ice
Career planning should happen not just at the start of your career but every few years to support your growth and include new insights.
Conduct a personal assessment and assess your career options.
- What are you passionate about? This can be personal and professional – finding an overlap can be the magic of work-life integration
- What are your favorite competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities)?
- What are your favorite activities/tasks?
- What type of work do you like? When do you feel you are at your best? (individual, group, etc)
- Ask 5 friends/family to identify your greatest strengths.
- Write out all of the positions you are considering or might interest you
- Using your Personal Assessment – highlight the positions that match more of your passions and favorites
- Are there any cons to the potential positions?
- Identify your top short and long-term position targets
I suggest two tools to support your career plan
- APhA Career Pathway Evaluation Program - The assessment will allow you to assess the critical job factors to identify your preferences.
- Networking Plan - this is the best way to get exposed to careers you never thought of.
Have you written or updated your career plan?
FUN & JOY: Connector Life - Family/Friends
CONNECTOR LIFE™ - Balanced excellence in all areas of life - self, family/friends, career, and community
The goal is to:
- Assess and plan the areas of your life
- Prioritize and spend time on the right things
This week, our focus is on Friends/Family. These two important areas of your life are grouped together as important relationships to nourish.
My overarching goal for Family this year was improving quality time. My activities to achieve this goal:
- 2 Vacations/Year
- Bi-weekly Walks with Kids
- Weekly Game Night
- Family Visit to our Home
- Yearly Spouse Weekend
- Monthly Date Night
- Long Term - Family Reunion
For family, you can consider your roles (spouse, parent, child) and make goals for each of these roles.
For Friends, I also focused on nourishing my friendships which connects to my word of the year, Health.
My friend activities included, regular calls, visits, moms night out events, and a pool party.
What are you doing to prioritize your Family and Friends?
Do you want a Connector Life? Rate yourself and make a plan. Download the CONNECTOR LIFE SCORE. The Map Your Year Bootcamp is also coming up and is a great event to support your Connector Life plan.
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES:
Our Holiday Bundle ends Friday, December 22nd.
I am here to support you in your journey to advance pharmacy and accelerate your joyful engaging career.
Want more impact and joy in your pharmacy career?
Get the 10 Ways to:
Advocate for Resources, Advance Pharmacy Practice, and Accelerate Your Career
We won't spam. Unsubscribe at any time.