CONNECTORx CORNERx: 015 - 2023-05-02
CONNECTORx CORNERx Pharmacy Strategy & Career Development Newsletter: Intrapreneurship, Cultivate Innovation, and Daily Routine
PHARMACY STRATEGY: Intrareneurship
Are you an Intrapreneur? AKA “Internal Entrepreneur”, “Entrepreneur On the Job”, “Corporate Entrepreneurship”?
Let's talk about the differences between entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs and why organizations MUST support intrapreneurship.
Intrapreneur: An employee of a large corporation who is given freedom and financial support to create new products, services, systems, etc., and does not have to follow the corporation's usual routines or protocols.
Intrapreneurship: The system wherein the principles of entrepreneurship are practiced within the boundaries of the firm.
- Up to 70% of successful entrepreneurs come up with their business idea while working for a previous employer – Harvard Study
- These highly talented individuals choose to leave because they found their previous environment discouraging in the sense of not being open to new ideas and their bosses unwilling to hear their insights.
The bottom-line message that I want to share is that organizations must support Intrapreneurship to thrive and retain employees with entrepreneurial spirits.
How are you supporting intrapreneurship in your organization?
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Cultivate Innovation
How we create new and better ways for our organization to be successful.
I think these years have taught us all we can be more innovative when pushed to think differently.
Cultivating innovation is a priority competency to support intrapreneurship and Pharmovation.
I love using the Korn Ferry FYI - For Your Improvement resources to support your professional development self-assessment and action plan. Let me share their insights on cultivating innovation.
Attributes of a Skilled Person:
- Comes up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique.
- Introduces new ways of looking at problems.
- Can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
Tips to Develop Cultivate Innovation Skill:
- Wonder what role you can play? Innovation takes a village
- Desire to enhance group creativity? Diversify
- Don’t perceive yourself to be creative? Remove the restraints
- Lack a climate conducive to innovation? Take the lead
Reference: Lombardo MM, Eichinger RW. FYI: For Your Improvement: A Guide for Development and Coaching. 5th ed. Lominger International; 2009.
FUN & JOY: Daily Routine
Do you have a daily routine? How do you start your morning and end your day?
Daily Routine is an important high performance habit.
Some of the important activities in my routine are sleep habits, meditation, exercise, self time, kid time, spouse time.
Connector Tip - Add the blocks of time for these routines to your calendar to help make new routines and solidify good habits
What is in your daily routine?
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES:
I am here to support you in your journey to advance pharmacy and accelerate your joyful engaging career. Schedule time for us to connect.
Get this CONNECTORx CORNERx Newsletter delivered to you.
Want more impact and joy in your pharmacy career?
Get the 10 Ways to:
Advocate for Resources, Advance Pharmacy Practice, and Accelerate Your Career
We won't spam. Unsubscribe at any time.