CONNECTORx CORNERx: 009 - 2023-02-21
CONNECTORx CORNERx Pharmacy Strategy & Career Development Newsletter: Grant Positions, Intrapreneur, and Get Togethers
PHARMACY STRATEGY: Grant Positions
Implementing new or expanded services through grant funded positions can be a great way to advance practice.
While this is a positive expansion, the challenge is you will have to convert the position to budgeted position at the end of the grant.
Using a grant to fund a resident position is the easiest as you can always decide not to fill if future funding cannot be secured.
That said, if you plan ahead, you can capture the positive impact and justify the grant funded position as permanent.
A member of my CONNECTORx Leadership Circle recently shared this topic during a laser coaching topic at our roundtable.
She had a great idea to have the grantee capture a portfolio of the work completed.
I also suggest preparing a business plan to justify the position. Even if you just create the executive summary, this will be useful to justify any position in the terms that resonate with the approval committee.
Have you expanded services through grant positions?
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Intrapreneur
Yes, this is a real word. (I know I do like to make up my own words like Pharmovation and Pharmfluencer, but you can find Intrapreneur in the dictionary)
AKA “Internal Entrepreneur”, “Entrepreneur On the Job”, “Corporate Entrepreneurship”
- Intrapreneur: An employee of a large corporation who is given freedom and financial support to create new products, services, systems, etc., and does not have to follow the corporation's usual routines or protocols.
- Intrapreneurship: The system wherein the principles of entrepreneurship are practiced within the boundaries of the firm.
Why organizations MUST support intrapreneurship:
- Up to 70% of successful entrepreneurs come up with their business idea while working for a previous employer – Harvard Study
- These highly talented individuals choose to leave because they found their previous environment discouraging - in the sense of not being open to new ideas and their bosses unwilling to hear their insights
So what do you think? Are you an intrapreneur or do you have some on your team that you can cultivate?
- LEARN MORE: Check out this Connector Dots You Video to hear more about the barriers to intrapreneurship (and subscribe to my YouTube Channel while you are there)
FUN & JOY: Get Together
Are you joining or planning some fun "get togethers"?
I am planning a Mom's Night out at a candle making venue. I actually bid on this item at a recent school fundraising event which was fun in itself.
I was happy to see health systems I work with hosting various get togethers for their teams.
- From a leadership event at the Chief Pharmacy Officers home to a night out for the ambulatory team
What get togethers can you plan that bring fun and joy?
SUPPORT AND RESOURCES:
I am here to support you in your journey to advance pharmacy and accelerate your joyful engaging career. Schedule time for us to connect.
Get this CONNECTORx CORNERx Newsletter delivered to you.
Want more impact and joy in your pharmacy career?
Get the 10 Ways to:
Advocate for Resources, Advance Pharmacy Practice, and Accelerate Your Career
We won't spam. Unsubscribe at any time.