Dots 017: Professional Organizations
CONNECTOR DOTS - Professional Organizations- Leadership Thursday
Are you a member of a state or national professional organization? Are you a volunteer leader in one of these organizations?
Welcome to CONNECTOR DOTS - brief, candid insights on healthcare, pharmacy and life for connectors and pharmovators.
Today during Leadership Thursday we will discuss the importance of being a member and actively volunteering with our professional organizations.
This topic was top of mind for me for 2 reasons.
1. I recently completed my term as the Chair of the Kentucky Society of Health System Pharmacists House of Delegates. This was bittersweet as it has been a pleasure to serve in this capacity but I am excited about the next volunteer step I am making to transition to ASHP national SAG committee.
2. One of my coaching clients identified she wants support in being more involved in professional organizations.
I have served in pharmacy organizations at the local, regional, state, and national level. I have enjoyed all of these experiences.
- Professional Organization involvement can support the career and community parts of your life
- Our professional organizations do so much to protect and advance our profession
○ There are multiple ways to be involved
§ Membership at a minimum s important to support the important causes of our organizations
§ Donating to the foundations and Political Action Committees are also critical for us as professionals and I view as an appropriate professional obligation.
§ Volunteering - this is a win-win as you grow your leadership skills in these roles and contribute to the organization mission
Now it is your turn - Take Action and join, donate, and volunteer for your organization. If you are already volunteering - take it to the next level and go bigger!
Join me for future LIVE CONNECTOR DOTS - Tomorrow is Pharmovation Friday and we will be exploring the framework of my Pharmovation program and how the pieces fit together to support a need.
Go to https://www.kimberboothe.com/kb_oi_stayconnected (kimberboothe.com/connect) to join my email list and I will be providing members of my community the recordings of CONNECTOR DOTS in an online portal for easy access.
Be Bold, Be a Connector, Advance Healthcare and Pharmacy Practice
Want more impact and joy in your pharmacy career?
Get the 10 Ways to:
Advocate for Resources, Advance Pharmacy Practice, and Accelerate Your Career
We won't spam. Unsubscribe at any time.